The Law of Esteem
The Law of Esteem states within the book that is “identifies that all humans need and want praise, recognition, and acceptance.” In my own words, it is giving an act of kindness to someone who is deserving of recognition. In my life, I will use this law on a daily as long as I am in contact with other humans. Every time I use this law, it is effective because the person who I am giving praise or recognition to will usually feel happy from my sincere gesture and will want to find an aspect about myself to give recognition and praise to.
My next example of this law is when I go out on a date or even a special event that requires dressing up, I don’t like going out until I get the right gesture from someone which helps boost my ego and makes me feel good about how I am looking. When trying on different outfits and I get bad responses from it, I tend to feel bad about myself and will change until a response about my outfit makes me feel good. Lastly, when someone says something hurtful to me about my work or anything, it hurts me inside but also will challenge my ego. When I am talked to negatively, I will try and prove doubters wrong and show that I can accomplish whatever I put my mind to. Overall, this law can either be beneficial towards me or affect me negatively. If someone is expressing a positive gesture towards me everything is good but when gestures are negative, it affects egos and self-esteem goes down. Presently, I have used this law when at school. Many times, I have a lot going on so I will ask someone for a favor on school related work that would help me. In return, if they ask me for help, I will remember the kind deed they did for me and return the favor of helping them out with any school work they need.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment