The Law of Connectivity
The Law of
Connectivity states that “the more we feel connected to, part of, liked by,
or attracted to someone, the more persuasive they become.” In my own words, this principle is how well
we connect or not connect with people based on likeliness and attractiveness.
Throughout life, the law of connectivity has played a role in my life at some
point. In many situations, I try to use the law to gain attention from the
people around me or important people who I may come in contact with. The main
times I would use this law is when trying to make friends, going into an
interview, interacting with my employees, and interacting with customers. Using
this law has been effective for me because I feel I have made good friends
while doing it and my work environment has never felt better. During this
semester and beyond, I will try using the law of connectivity to gain an edge
when trying to gain an internship and when trying to apply for that “dream
job.”
In our everyday life, the law of connectivity is evident.
Even though it is not fair, being an attractive person can help gain an edge
over the competition. When going in for a job, being attractive helps leave a
better feeling for the interviewee because they will see them as much more
happier, friendly, and like able than the other candidates. Also, being
attractive while going into an interview could rub off to the interviewee that
they are a trustworthy person to help handle the company. Personally, I don’t
see being attractive as a way to succeed in life but in all honesty now a days,
it is important how you look. In the law of connectivity, familiar objects are
more liked by people than less familiar or unknown objects. Attending UW-Green
Bay, my roommate was Hmong growing up in the La Crosse area, only associated
with people of his cultural background. When he came to campus, he didn’t make
friends easily since it was a predominantly white campus. After a while, he
found students on campus who were of the Hmong/Asian culture and was able to
click with them because those students he had met were similar and/or familiar
to his hometown. Lastly, another example within the law of connectivity is
rapport or “a close and harmonious relationship in which the people or groups
concerned understand each other’s feelings or ideas and communicate well.” Since beginning my college career last year,
my first year I was very lonely and had no friends because the people I had
met, I didn’t build any rapport with them. Now entering my second year at a new
school (Cardinal Stritch), I am able to build rapport with many people. When
associating with people at Cardinal Stritch, I am able to easily build rapport
with many people based on humor we share and a mirroring personality.
.
No comments:
Post a Comment